Just been thinking over the last day or so, since completing the the reading of Flood by Stephen Baxter could Dirk Maggs do an audio production of it?, how long would the show or shows be, who would be cast in the principle characters?
I think that yes, it could be done as an audio production, there would have to be some clever adaptation, but I think there is great scope for a fertile mind like Dirk's to get over to the listener just what is going on, since one of the best characters in the book is the flood itself, I am sure that someone of Dirk's talent could find a away to get this character across to the listener in interesting ways without going over the top on sound effects.
The duration of the production? that's a difficult one as the book covers a lot of ground, even with some adapting it will not I think fit into anything less than say 120-180 minutes, of course the big problem would be the cost of production and finding a market for it.
But it is nice to dream, well isn't it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looking Back at Blog Posts Part 2
Looking Back at Blog Posts Part 2 One of the great things about keeping your own corner of the web is having a time capsule of what you we...
-
Largerita 2024 This is a great summer drink (Yes, it's true that the UK does have summers, it's just they don't last long! on...
-
The Local AI Journey: Overcoming the GPU Bottleneck & The Rise of Small Language Models Context: Tracking my progress with local Larg...
-
Masquerade of Midnight **Act I: The Masquerade's Unveiling** **(Overture – A majestic orchestral prelude, building in intensity. Sopra...
No comments:
Post a Comment